2023 Pebble Grey 144 Sprinter Build

Daniel

Staff Member
We recently had a client bring us a 2023 Pebble Grey 144 Sprinter to build.

IMG_5724.jpg
IMG_5725.jpg
IMG_5726.jpg
IMG_5727.jpg
IMG_5728.jpg
IMG_5729.jpg
IMG_5730.jpg
IMG_5731.jpg
IMG_5732.jpg

Last edited:
Our client really liked the layout and styling of the wingamm oasi 540 design so we will use it as a basis of general layout.

wingamm_540.JPG

wingamm_540_2.JPG

Other things our client would like are the following.

Induction cooktop

Medicine Cabinet

External access toilet

Laveo and THETFORD 565e

Slider door slide window

Antique whitewash

24” tv

Swivel seats

Headliner shelf

Awning Fiamma f80s

Weboost

Rigid lights

owl van gear box - optional if thule

Rear slider back door window

Side ladder

Skinny solar panel

Thule gear storage

Stereo system

30 amp shore power

Diesel Heater

Last edited:
We are a bit limited on wheel well space for water tank so we will use a 33 gallon water tank instead of 36 gallon tank. This will allow us to us the wheel well base hidden behind a sink base area.

33_gallon_wtr.JPG

We use a laser scan image of a 144 wheel base van that allows us to get the sizing for building our modules perfectly.

Capture5.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

We have been using the Thetford 565E portable toilet for most of our builds but with this bathroom configuration, the client would have to carry the waste in and out of the van to dispose it. We would like to make things easier by having a rear access door to remove the tank.

toilet.JPG

In looking at our current design I have found that putting the shower/bathroom on the passenger side of the van block access to open the rear swinging door from inside the van. I will modify/flip the design to the driver's side.

bathflip.JPG

Now the access to rear door works.

bathflip2.JPG

Last edited:
The Oasi 540 has a sofa area that turns into a bed with push down center table.

sofa2.JPG

I create the 3d framing for this sofa area in my design. 24" wide has worked perfectly in previous builds.

sofa3.JPG

I update the 3d model and the sofa area is there.

sofa.JPG

I can see that the door/entrance to the bathroom may be a pinch point so I will give an angle to the wall similar to the 540 design. I also relocate the doorway/entrance.
bathflipside.JPG

Last edited:
The van will need plenty of overhead storage but we have to be aware of areas that a person may stand up and forget about the cabinet. I draw up two 48" long cabinets.

Cabinets2.JPG

I add them into the design over the two opposing sides of the van.

Cabinets.JPG

For the cabinet latches I found this style cam locking latch.

IMG_4244.jpeg

Last edited:
One of the cabinets on the passenger side of the door is too long and breaks past the sliding door area. I adjust the cabinet to make it a bit shorter.

Cabinets3.JPG

I made the adjustment to a 36" cabinet and it fits perfectly.

Cabinets4.JPG

Last edited:
In researching toilets I found a Thetford model that is small and compact. The model even has a rotating bowl/seat feature. Most of all it has a cassette that can be removed to be emptied from outside the vehicle.

IMG_4234.jpeg

One of the most important items in the van is the fridge. We love using the Vitrifrigo OCX2 Refrigerator/Freezer with Internal Cooling Unit - C85IXD3X-1. We have been using it in our latest builds and really like the feature it has of the flanged front face. This flanged front face covers any gap that you would have near the edges of the face of the fridge. At 3.2 cubic feet of space it is bigger than most.

fridge1.JPG

fridge2.JPG

We take the dimensions of the fridge and add it to our design for our client.

fridge3.JPG

Last edited:
Sound deadening has been added to the van.
JFLO Wrestling-1.jpg

Tim took the factory wiring and de-pinned it and relocated it behind the wall so that when we build it will not get damaged.

JFLO Wrestling-5.jpg
JFLO Wrestling-6.jpg

The ceiling has been covered in sound deadening as well.

JFLO Wrestling-7.jpg
JFLO Wrestling-9.jpg

After a meeting with the client we take a different direction in design. We then give her a new design and schedule a meeting to go over new design.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Last edited:
During the meeting we decide to add a drop-down bed feature as seen in one of our previous designs.

vast-overland-144-sprinter-build-349.jpg
vast-overland-144-sprinter-build-217.jpg

Last edited:
Back